nutty2chat 0 Newbie Poster

I am working on a rather large site with multiple buttons and for ease of updates, I would like to use css styling on the standard asp:button control. But, I am having trouble getting the look I want.

I am using css to set a darker bottom and left border, lighter top and right borders, and medium color inside the actual button to achieve a 3D look. I'm using css for hover to have the entire button lighten on hover and click. I have decided to leave out rounded corners for now, but I really would like to get a tighter feel around the text inside the button. I have tried adjusting padding and margin with no luck. I want the buttons to expand depending upon the text, so I don't want to set the button size within the css.

Any ideas? I'm sorry, the code is at work and I am at home, but I could post the CSS that I currently have later if needed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.